Your first visit
We are always excited about meeting new patients during their first visit to our office. Your initial appointment will consist of a thorough examination and a discussion of potential treatment options.
This important 30-minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic or endodontic needs. We know your time is valuable, so to expedite treatment, we may also reserve time following the exam for diagnostic records. The records include x-rays, photos and impressions for study models and are necessary for developing the appropriate treatment plan. This additional appointment will last approximately one hour.
During the initial examination for each patient, our doctors will address the following questions that cover the basics of treatment. We encourage you to ask questions as well.
- Is there a condition that orthodontics or endodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures will be used to correct the problem?
- Do any permanent teeth need to be removed?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are my payment options?
While we can often answer these general questions about treatment during the initial examination, we will address specific areas after careful analysis of your diagnostic records. We feel it is important to analyse each patient's specific needs, because in-depth planning leads to superior results and higher patient satisfaction.
We will then schedule a consultation visit to discuss treatment options, timeframes and financial arrangements. We insist that our patients leave the office with a clear understanding of their specific needs, what the treatment will consist of and how long it will take. We will also answer any additional questions you have.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic x-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you an estimate of your costs.
New patient forms
For your convenience, you may download, print and fill out the following forms and bring them to your next appointment: